Friday, April 9, 2010

TEXTURES IN WORKSPACE 3D MODELS

The textures I chose for my model were “soft” for my above ground studio, “scaly” for my gallery space and “hard” for my below ground studio. The reason I did this is because these textures in that respective order highlight the scheme of my model “unite & contrast”. As one can see going down from the above studio, where all seems to be structurally in unity and harmony there is a “soft” texture enhancing this feeling all the way until the gallery space. At the gallery space the transition and meeting point of “unite & contrast” can be slowly observe as we make our way to the below ground studio. In gallery space the “scaly” texture seems to be just a modification of the “soft” texture which keeps the feeling of “unity” still alive however it also gives a sense of change which then takes place at the below ground space. Once at the underground space a big contrast can be seen as the texture changes completely and abruptly. Thus using these textures in that respective order highly enhances the overall idea of my 3d model.


BELOW GROUND STUDIO TEXTURE:



GALLERY SPACE TEXTURE:



ABOVE GROUND STUDIO TEXTURE:




TEXTURES APPLIED TO MODEL

SOFT



SCALY




HARD







No comments:

Post a Comment